The Principles for a Fulfilling Life: Faith, Listening, Earning, Striving, Living, and Thinking

 The principles of a good life.

The next day we reached the bus stop again. The cold was extreme, touching the limits. We were taking off our gloves to clean our noses, but as our hands reached our noses, they froze. Continuous smoke was coming out of our mouths. White birds of cold were descending and flying over the waters of the Bassaforce, and when they landed on the water, salutes fell on the Bassaforce's cloak, and as they flew, the vibration of the water shook the entire environment

The Principles for a Fulfilling Life: Faith, Listening, Earning, Striving, Living, and Thinking

A Miracle of Faith: The Mullah and the Young Man Walking on Water

We were walking along the shore together. They were waving the walking stick in the air like a sword, and I was quietly walking beside them. They arrived at the seat, took out a cloth from their pocket, cleaned the snow off of the seat, and plunked down. I sat immediately as they gestured. Professor took a deep breath. A long line of smoke came out of their mouth and nose. They kept waiting for the line to disappear. When the line vanished, they said, "There was a Mullah. He lived in the village across the river. Crossing the stream was a major issue for individuals. Mullah decided to go to the city once. He reached the river and started waiting for a boat. Out of nowhere, he saw a peculiar sight. A young man came, took the name of Allah, put his feet in the river, and walked across. Mullah was amazed by this miracle. He shouted to the young fellow and asked in a noisy voice, 'How could you realize this craftsmanship?' The young fellow burst into giggling.He pointed towards Mullah and said, 'Sir, I learned this art from you. Quite a while back, in your Friday message, you said, "Assuming an individual has solid confidence, he can stroll on water by taking the name of Allah." I trusted your words, attached a bunch to them, and since that day, I have been taking the name of Allah and strolling on water.

Hearing this, tears filled the eyes of the Mullah, and with an uproarious voice, he said, 'You are lucky, and I'm sad. A sermon made you a believer, and I spent my whole life searching for faith in Islam. You are great, and I am unfortunate.'" They paused.

They waited for the line of smoke to disappear after taking a breath and saying, "We are unfortunate. We pray without certainty, so our prayers are not accepted. Note down the first principle of worldly and religious life: Establish faith in the essence of Allah before making a supplication. Every prayer of yours will be accepting ." They paused, took a breath, and said, "Why are the prayers of a Sufi accepted? Since they have confidence in the quintessence of Allah, and Allah never frustrates the people who have confidence in His substance. Therefore, the first principle of life is complete faith in the essence of Allah."

The Power of Listening and the Importance of Financial Responsibility

Anything that God does, He gets everything done well, and God never commits errors.Remember this, and your life will become more straightforward.They paused, took a breath, and said, "The second best principle of living is to listen before speaking. If you want to say ten sentences, listen to at least two thousand sentences. Listen for ten hours a day and speak for one hour. Human beings hide beneath their words. As soon as you speak, you become apparent to others. If you want to conceal yourself, learn to control your language. Even among people, you will remain hidden."


If you have any desire to carry on with a decent life, compose on the wall: "I will tune in prior to talking," and until somebody requests that I speak, I will stay quiet.Your life will go well. They paused, took a breath, and said, "Take out your hand from the sleeve, rub it, warm it, blow on it, and say, '80% of our problems are rooted in the economic field. Most of us spend before earning or start spending immediately after earning, and as a result, these people get entangled in problems."


The third principle of living a good life is to earn before spending. Earn first, then spend. You will remain happy throughout your life. I know a happy family in Istanbul. These people are content and prosperous for four generations. I once met their youngest son and asked him the reason for their contentment and happiness. The young man replied, "Our ancestors established two principles a hundred years ago. We will earn for ten months in a year and spend for two months. And we will always save 25% of our income."

The Wisdom of Financial Discipline and Long-Term Planning

Our ancestors passed down these principles to their children. Our grandfathers instilled this habit in our fathers and uncles, and our fathers introduced us to this training right from the start. As a result, we have gained confidence, happiness, and contentment for four generations. I asked the young man, "Do you refrain from purchasing anything for ten months in a year?" He chuckled and replied, "We humans buy the necessities and comforts we need from the market. Necessities never lead to poverty. It is our tendency to fall into the trap of luxuries. People in our family only buy essential items for ten months in a year."


"We maintain a list of desired comforts throughout the year. We begin our shopping in November and continue buying items from the list until December 31st." I inquired, "Why specifically during the last two months of the year?" He laughed and explained, "By that time, we have saved enough money. November and December offer sales in the country, and many international brands introduce new models during this period. Therefore, we enjoy satisfying our shopping desires and sustain our purchases throughout the year."


Thanks to this habit, we never feel the need to show off or borrow from others. I learned from this family that if you earn before spending, you will never find yourself in need. This is the third principle for a successful and fulfilling life. They stopped, took a full breath, and looked towards the skyline.

Embracing Courage, Living Fully, and the Power of Reflection

A gentle breeze carried a light fog, creating a scene where the sky seemed to have merged with the water, and the wind playfully danced upon the fog. They observed this dance for a while. Then, they turned to me and shared, "Many of us lose courage before even making an attempt. That mindset is incorrect. Try before giving up. Your life will improve. I once met a person in Belgium who had never experienced failure in life. I got some information about the key to his prosperity. He responded, 'I never gave up on trying. I persevered until I succeeded.' I learned from him the importance of not losing courage. Keep striving, and eventually, you will achieve success. Therefore, make courage, effort, and perseverance your guiding principles. The world will become a paradise for you." They paused, burst into laughter, and remarked, "We are also peculiar. We spend our entire lives trying to evade death, seeking longevity formulas from doctors worldwide...

We often forget to stay alive in the race to escape death. Many of us live without truly experiencing life. Therefore, the fifth principle of a good life is to live fully before dying. This life is a great gift, bestowed upon us by Allah, who only grants it once. While death comes to every person, only a few truly live. You should strive to be counted among those few."

They fell silent. A pause settled in the air.

We embraced the stillness for a while Then, at that point, they went to me and said, "You are an essayist. Let us share the sixth principle of a good life with you. This principle is primarily for writers, but ordinary people can benefit from it too. Before you write, reflect. The deeper you think, the deeper your writing will be. Furthermore, the more your considerations, the more your words will be. If you are not a writer, develop the habit of thinking before every step you take. Ponder, think again, and then proceed. You will navigate through challenges."

Conclusion 

These are the six principles of a good life: have faith in Allah before praying, listen before speaking, earn before spending, strive before losing courage, live before dying, and think before writing. Embrace these principles, and you will lead a magnificent and enviable life."

A chill breeze blew on the basswood trees. The professor adjusted his coat collar, rubbed his hands together, and stood up. I followed suit, standing beside him.

We were ready for the journey back.